Monday 13 May 2013

A Thank You Card for a Swimming Instructor

What a great weekend it was! Some highlights: Dinner date with my hubby at Original Joe's, movie date to see Iron Man 3, skype call with my Mom, phone call with my Mother-in-law, and a delicious homemade rhubarb cake! I also accomplished a lot of cleaning/organizing! Love weekends like this!

Amidst the busyness, I found some time to make a couple of cards :) I had a request to make a thank you card for a swimming instructor. I found this a bit challenging! I looked on pinterest for some inspiration and found lots of ideas for the beach/summer, but not quite suited for a swimming instructor. So I thought of using punch art to create a person swimming, using a typical swimming logo/icon as a guide. Here's what I came up with:


Fun, right? And it was so simple! I used the extra-large tag punch for the body, 1" circle punch for the head, and the Word Window punch for the arm. The 'waves' designer paper comes from the "Sunshine & Sprinkles" DSP collection. I also created larger waves using a 1" circle punch and Bashful Blue cardstock. The splashes of water were cut free-hand.
The sentiment is popped up using dimensionals.


 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Monday!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Made for You
Paper: Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP
Ink: Marina Mist
Tools: Extra-Large Tag punch, 1" Circle punch, Word Window punch

2 comments:

  1. Just found your card by googling "swimming punch art". I spent a great deal of time creating a card that's just too much. I love the simplicity of this! Am planning to CASE yours and shelf mine :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Glad I could be of inspiration to you! :)

      Delete