Tuesday 9 April 2013

A Bridal Shower Card

Yesterday, I came home to a box full of Stampin Up goodies! Most of my order was paper, but I got some exciting new stamp sets, a couple embossing folders and lots of ribbon. In fact, I used one of my new stamp sets in my card today :)

I decided to play along with the new Retro sketches challenge and the Friday Mashup this week. I also used part of the Colour Q colour combo. I was too late to enter this card in the challenge, but I just loved the colours that I decided to play along anyway, leaving out one of the colours, Blushing Bride.



And here's my card...


I love the challenge this week at Friday Mashup! Umbrellas made me think of the new stamp set called "Rain or Shine" from the Spring Mini Catalogue. I made sure that was on my last order and it arrived just in time :)  I love the umbrella! And, as you can see, I matched it with the polka-dot designer paper. I added a yellow button and bakers twine to embellish the card, and embossed a stitched design next to the sentiment (it may be a little easier to see in the photos below).




Thanks for stopping by!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Rain or Shine
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Floral District DSP, Tea for Two DSP
Ink: Calypso Coral, Soft Suede
Tools: Needlepoint Embossing Folder
Accessories: Calypso Coral bakers twine, Chocolate bakers twine (CTMH), Daffodil Delight button

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I like the mix of papers and colors you used!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful soft colors and great texture details! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the papers and the combination of colors. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, love that brolly!

    ReplyDelete