Saturday 6 April 2013

Inspired By... A Beautiful Vintage Headband

It's the weekend! So happy Saturday is finally here - I get to see my hubby today! It's been a long week filled with ups and downs (yesterday, especially, dragggged on!). Hoping this will be a productive weekend! I need to build up my stock of crafty items!

Saturday means a new challenge with...
It was my pick this week and I came across a photo of a beautiful headband that I found on Etsy.


Isn't it gorgeous?! I love the spring colours and the vintage style. The lady who made this headband is so talented! Take a look at her Etsy shop: Aldona's Boutique.

I was so inspired by this photo! I incorporated the colours, as well as the vintage style into my card. The elegance of it is perfect for a newlywed greeting card!

 

I just LOVE how it turned out! It is somewhat different than what I usually create. I may have to incorporate this vintage style into more of my cards. I started off with a sketch from My Favourite Things. And my creative imagination went from there!

I wrapped Victoria Crochet trim ribbon around the card front - I thought it was a perfect resemblance of the head band itself. I cut roses from the Flower Trim ribbon and sponged each one with different colours. Strips of flagged ribbon are added. I stamped the Ribbon Cotton with Bloomin Marvelous stamps in Tangerine Tango and Old Olive and sponged them lightly to give them some colour. I then added pearls to embellish the roses. I am also entering this card in the Stampin Royalty challenge this week. Their theme is "Ribbons and Pearls".




This is definitely one of my favourite wedding cards!

Make sure to check out how this photo inspired Karly by visiting her blog, Karly's Creations!

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your Saturday!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive, Summer Smooches DSP, Brights DSP
Ink: Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Tools: Little Leaves sizzlits die, Circles Nestabilities, Word Window punch
Accessories: Pearls (Michael's), So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, Ribbon Cotton, Victoria Crochet Trim ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment