Wednesday 3 April 2013

Clean and Simple Birthday Card

It's Wednesday, which means we're half-way through the work week and that much closer to the weekend! Looking forward to seeing my hubby again! Yesterday, I did not have the greatest start to my day... I was late for work and realized I forgot my lunch when I got to work. Ugh. However, one highlight to my day... I was chosen as a 'Perfect Princess' at Freshly Made Sketches! To see my original post, click here.


For today's card, I decided to play along with the new Retrosketches challenge and a colour combo challenge with Colour Q. It's a fabulous clean and simple sketch this week and the colours are so soft and subtle - these two challenges worked so well together!




As a bonus, I realized as I was making the card that this would also fit perfectly with the Pink Elephant challenge this week.
 

Our challenge theme this week is to:
"Use 3 Decorative Papers & Your Favorite Embellishment"
 
I actually used 6 decorative papers in my card and one of my favourite embellishments - bakers twine. Here's how it turned out:
 
 
 
Thanks for looking! 
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Neutrals DSP, Summer Smooches DSP, 2010-2012 In-Colour DSP, 2011-2013 In-Colour DSP, Comfort Cafe DSP
Ink: Soft Suede
Tools: Owl Builder punch
Accessories: Early Espresso Bakers Twine

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Awesome selection of dp. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charissa - this is super gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with us at colourQ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - and thank you for playing along with the RetroSketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing use of this week's colors. Your card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card, Charissa, love all the patterns on the papers! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week...

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/04/52-card-pickup-214.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...this card looks so much like my card I thought it WAS my card! Pretty! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete