Monday 11 March 2013

Deconstructed Sketch Gift Tags

Another relaxing weekend has come and gone. I spent some good quality time with my hubby, but it was short-lived. He leaves again for a week, training in Vancouver. :(

I had quite the productive day yesterday. I still got to sleep in, so the time change didn't really affect me, but I do feel it today! We went to a great church service in the morning, and took a walk in the beautiful sunshine in the afternoon. I finished a couple papercrafting projects/cards and we had a good time catching up with Kevin's brother, Jon and sister-in-law, Karen on skype.

For today's post, I decided to create something other than a greeting card. I saw the Deconstructed Sketch this week and thought it would be perfect for a gift tag set! I love the layers in this sketch. I checked out the Color Throwdown challenge for this week and... what a great colour combo!

 
I have a tag die with 3 different sized tags and used the larger one for this gift tag set. I first glued designer paper to a strip of white cardstock and then ran it through the Big Shot with the tag die. And then the fun part - decorating! :) I added an oval piece of Crumb Cake cardstock for the background. A swirl image is stamped on the top half of the circle and I put Crumb Cake designer paper on the bottom half. I then added an embossed strip of So Saffron cardstock and added small butterflies to embellish the tag. I completed it with satin Pool Party ribbon. 
 
 
I LOVE how they turned out! The colours are just so pretty together - perfect for Spring!
I left out a sentiment so they can be used for any occasion!
 
Here's pictures of the full set:
 

 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Gift Tag Ingredients:
Stamps: Everything Eleanor
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron, In-Colour 2012-2013 DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake
Tools: Sizzix Tag Die (Michael's), Butterflies Embosslit die, Circles Nestabilities, Ovals Nestabilities, 1/4" Circle punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Accessories: Pool Party satin ribbon (Sale-A-Bration)
 
 


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to use the colors! I love your tags! I'm so glad you could join us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...what gorgeous tags...love how you used the CTD colors on these!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete