Wednesday 27 February 2013

Mojo 282 {Going Green}

Tuesday was a long day. It seems this week is dragging on... I was exhausted when I came home from work (the consequence of late nights!) I am truly a night owl, but tonight I may have to hit the pillow a tad earlier than normal!

To beat the winter blues, I have been doing a lot of research lately on top sites to see along the west coast for our road trip in June - I'm SO excited! We plan on staying a couple days in California and one of the things I've found to do there is snorkeling at La Jolla Cove - we can see all kinds of fish including leopard sharks! I think, for me, California will be one of the main highlights of our trip. I just love the sun and beaches and the ocean! June cannot come soon enough!

For today's card, I'm playing along with a few different card challenges, one of them being another great sketch from Mojo Monday.


A couple other card challenge blogs that I've been following have a similar theme this week:

Stampin Up Only Challenges has a "Going Green" challenge this week and Late Night Stamper's theme is "Celebrating St. Patrick's Day".

I decided to incorporate all three challenges into one great card!

 
The outer borders of the card front are embossed with the Tulip Frame embossing folder and sponged lightly with Old Olive ink. I layered designer paper from the "Tea for Two" DSP collection with a piece of Always Artichoke cardstock. A swirl design is stamped in Old Olive for the background. I created a 3-leaf clover using the Small Heart punch. Each 'petal' was folded in half to create a crease in the center and then sponged with Always Artichoke ink. The stem was punched out from the Bird Builder punch. It is placed on a layered scallop circle. The clover took a little practice to find out which heart punch would work best! I tried the Heart to Heart punch, but found that this Small Heart punch had the best shape and a good size for the clover. Finally, I stamped the sentiment "happy st. patrick's day" in Old Olive ink to complete the card.
 
 
 

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Everything Eleanor
Paper: Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Tea for Two DSP
Ink: Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Tools: Frame Tulip Embossing Folder, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Small Heart Punch, Bird Builder Punch



11 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a fun card! I love it!! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dimensional shamrock made from the small heart punch. Thanks for sharing your project with SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Charissa. What a great way to make a shamrock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Love your use of the sketch! I am hoping to get back to doing the Mojo Monday Challenges soon myself. Thanks for playing along with the LNS Challenge Blog! Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card! You've added some great touches that really make the card stand out. Thanks for playing along with the LNS Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This IS a great card and I'm glad you included it in the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I love how the clover looks like it just pops off the card. Thanks for joining the LNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great detail. Love the shades of green and how they work together. And the tulip border works perfectly. Thanks for joining us at LNS challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the way you used all the different products to create your. Never would have put some of these together. Thanks for playing with us this week at LNS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really a pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us this week at LNS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dimension on your heart shamrock! Great textures on your card, too! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete